Sunday, 20 September 2009

Stencils and Paint Throwing

Back in the old days, when I was at college, I used my boyfriend as my muse, if you like. I made him pose and I photographed him for every project... even if he didn't need to. But one project I did need him to pose for, and I created two giant posters for his (fictional) up-coming tour with his band. At the time, he was in a band, but they were not on tour, so I had a hell of time making my accompanying journal fit to this "fictional" tour. Anyway, here is one of the final pieces, and its a bit different to my usual work.

It is a spray-painted stencil, with stars, crosses and lettering, on a large cardboard sheet (it was actually the backing part of an old wardrobe, so you can imagine how much fun it was to transport to and from college!!). I then threw paint at it. naturally, my teachers didn't think much of it, but that could be because I didn't draw a picture of a violin using twigs and ink, or a fruit bowl with one ear. But never-the-less, my boyfriend loves it. He has it up in his office (along with a hand-drawn picture of his Warcraft character I made, using black ink and watercolour crayons). This is not what I do to sell, but I guess I could be pursuaded if someone loved it enough.

*EDIT* managed to get a photo of the second piece, just for fun. Same style, different pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment