Sunday, 20 September 2009

My Mum's Birthday Present

Oooh this is exciting, a first proper blog post! Let me try and get this right...

Last week it was my Mum's birthday, and I just didn't know what to buy her (there are only so many Donny Osmond and Westlife CDs in the world!). So I painted her four individual pictures of her daughters (including me). This was the first time I'd painted myself, so I was a bit wary, but I'd like to think Ive captured my best side. Here are all four canvases (or is it canvi?) in a sort of window shape...

So, here are the pictures. The top left is of my older sister, Victoria, and the bottom two are my younger sisters, Katie and Helen. I am on the top right, looking very groovy with my back-combed hair...
As you can tell, Katie and I are blonde, hence the lighter hair areas, and Victoria and Helen are lovely brunettes. I think this is quite a good likeness to them, but obviously you don't know what they look like in real life. I could just put four randomers up here and tell you anything, so I'll put some more to show you a comparison, and you can see if there is a likeness or not.

First up, Victoria. She doesn't always wear glasses, but I think they gave the painting that little bit of personality. She, however, has yet to forgive me.

Next up, Katie. This is the actual photo I took the painting from, so hopefully you can see some likeness here.


This is Helen, looking gorgeous as you can see. Shes got a very cheeky smile, so I liked that it is, for me, one of the first things you notice on the painting.


Now, here I am, looking rather fetching.


So, that hopefully gives you an idea of what kind of painting I can get from the photos am I provided with, and if you like it, let me know. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment