Friday, 25 September 2009

Meet Tom

Hello all. Ive talked a lot about this mysterious "Tom" figure, so I thought you should meet him. Hes been my partner since we were 15, and we're getting married next year, hoorah. Anyway, as I said in my first post, I still have a painting I did of him in our bedroom, which I gave to him as a 16th birthday present (yes, I was still skint even back then). I also bought him some goldfish, but thats another story. Anyway, this is it.


This is my very first painting of the style I have since... erm... "refined" if you like. Yes, when I am dead and gone, someone will turn up on Dickinson's Real Deal with this, and the antique expert will say "Wow, THE original of the great Jenn movement! This is worth upwards of £20million!! I'll give you a tenner for it!!"
No, I jest. Its not my best piece I will admit, but its very personal to me. It was my first, so it will always have a place in my heart (and on my wall). I used a photo from when he was posing for one of my many art projects, which is why the guitar is at a very stupid angle. It does look like him (even now, four years on), but its also very subtle, so it could look like, well, anyone with a beard. It actually looks bigger than it is, but its hung on a black wall, so its a bit of an optical illusion.
I remember this was when I didn't have a lot of paints, so I used up all my black on this one. Those were the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment