Thursday, 24 September 2009

The Crazy Tree

When Tom and I were about to move into our new house, he said I was completly in charge of decorating and could paint the rooms any colour I liked. I took this to be a show of confidence that he trusted me to make the house nice, rather than him shifting all the work onto me (although I later changed my opinion when 3 days in I had single-handedly re-decorated 4 rooms!).
So the living room is red and magnolia, with black accessories (very modern, rather than gothic). However, finding artwork to hang on the walls is very difficult for a red room. Well, unless you like close-up photos of a rose, printed onto a canvas that are seemingly available in all shops. Which I don't. So I set about making my own. I bought the biggest canvas I could find (Approx 80x50 cm) and set to work. It took me about two days because I kept changing my mind on the design, but this is what I eventually ended up with.
And to show you just how big it is, here's a photo to show the comparison, demonstrated by the wonderful Victoria, who you may remember from blog post 1....


Shes going to kill me, isn't she?

Anyway, that is my Crazy Tree, one of my prouder creations. Whenever people come round - be it family member or gas man - I always point it out and say "I did that". I usually get a response of "ooooh nice" or "Really?! I love it" or "Look love, I'm here to check your gas boiler. A cup of tea would be a work of art though!"

Philistine. Anyway, there is my Crazy Tree for you all to see. I hope you like it. Tom did. But then again I can't be sure of that. His response was only slightly better than the gas mans!

No comments:

Post a Comment