Hello all, and welcome to the blog. I just wanted to mention a few things about me first, and why Ive set up this blog...
Im Jenn, and I started my art at school. I never took art as a choice subject, because I didn't have that much faith in myself, and I concentrated my studies in ICT. After school, I concentrated more on graphic design, and went to college to do this. Turned out, however, that they had dropped the course, and I ended up taking psychology. The next year, a new college, again applying for graphic design. Another dropped subject, and another move away from graphics. At Longley Park in Sheffield, I found myself in an Art and Design class, somewhat by accident. However, after two years of study in art history, theory and practical, I gained the confidence I needed to pick up the paintbrush I had often hidden away.
Since then, I have been to Sheffield Hallam University, where I undertook an undergraduate degree in Arts Management. But as you can probably work out by now, I got that wrong too. It wasn't the course for me, and I dropped out after 1 year.
I paint my pictures for my friends, family and even myself. Ive been told I could paint them for people to sell, so here I am. All I need is a few photographs of the person (or people) that you want in the painting, and after a bit of computer wizardry (see, that ICT module wasnt a complete waste of time) I can turn that photo into a... hmm... I don't know what style it is. Not so much "Pop Art", but you know what I mean (well, you will when you see the pictures). Anyway, I then paint the image onto a canvas.
They work great as birthday, Christmas and "just because I love you" gifts. I still have a painting of my fiancee hung in our bedroom, which I gave to him as a birthday present when we were 16.
Anyway, please enjoy the blog, and enjoy the paintings. And if you would like one of youself, a friend or loved-one, I will be happy to speak with you. I have put my contact info in my blurb, but you can also add comments.
Thanks for reading
XxX
Sunday, 20 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment