Sunday, 20 September 2009

Dom and Tom Are Engaged!

My best friend of 10 years, Dom, recently got engaged to her Prince Charming, Tom. Even though Ive never met him (she moved to Birmingham a few years ago, where she met him) I still wanted to give them a unique present to say congratulations. Now, she hasn't been back to Sheffield yet to collect it, so she hasn't seen the final image, but here it is for you to see.


To paint this picture, I had to trawl Facebook for a photo of Tom, because I couldn't ask for one specially or it would ruin the suprise (or, Dom would think I was stalking her boyfriend... either way, no good could come of asking!) I should point out that if you are going to suprise someone with a picture of them, and if you are going to trawl their Facebook for a photo, make sure you know that they won't mind.
This painting was made using two seperate photos, which I just merged together. I will put one of Dom up for comparison.I can't add the original photo of Tom because (A) I don't still have the photo and (B) he was doing quite a rude gesture on the original photo.

Still, I hope they like it. And, its painted on a large canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment